Maintaining a system is equally important as Web Application Development. It keeps solutions healthy to deal with changing technology and business environment. Generally, IT service providers suggest their clients to go for software maintenance services for the consistent and enhanced performance of the system. As per Mr. Robert Glass, writer of the ‘Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering’, when it comes to software, 60% costing is for maintenance. Even from total software maintenance cost, 60% is for solution enhancement.
IT is one of the most updated industry domains. It introduces technical advancements almost every day that improve solution efficiency to streamline business operations. Under maintenance management, the system is updated with the latest technologies on a regular basis and runs seamlessly with high-end efficiency.
Sometimes system maintenance involves improvements in the existing solution and at times there are requirements of new software development as per the changing market needs.
What is Software Maintenance?
It is a very broad activity that takes place once the operation is done. Software evolution and maintenance optimizes the software performance by reducing errors, eliminating useless development, and applying advanced development. Solution development can take 1-2 years to build a system, while software maintenance management can be an ongoing activity for 15-20 years.
Types of Software Maintenance Services Categories:
1. Adaptive Maintenance – Modifications in the system to keep it compatible with changing business and technical environment. This type of software maintenance concentrate on software infrastructure. To retain continuity with the software, adaptive maintenance are made in response to new operating systems, hardware, and platforms.
2. Perfective Maintenance – Fine tuning of all elements, functionalities and abilities to improve system operations and perfectness. The software’s accessibility and usability are solved by perfective software maintenance. Perfective maintenance includes altering current software functionality by improving, removing, or inserting new features or functions.
3. Corrective Maintenance – Detecting errors in the existing solution and correcting them to make it works more efficiently. This type of software maintenance aims to eliminate and fix bugs or defects in the software. Corrective software maintenance is often done in the form of small updates frequently.
4. Preventive Maintenance – Preventive software maintenance services help in preventing the system from any upcoming vulnerabilities. Preventive maintenance means improvements to the software, which is done to secure the software for the future. This maintenance is carried out to prevent the product from any potential software alteration. Preventive maintenance also makes it easier to scale or maintain your code and handle your legacy system.
Software Maintenance Process
Why Software Requires Maintenance?
1. Bug Fixing In maintenance management, bug fixing comes at priority to run the software seamlessly. This process contains search out for errors in code and corrects them. The issues can be occurred in hardware, operating systems or any part of the software. This must be done without hurting the rest of the functionalities of existing software.
2. Capability Enhancement This comprises an improvement in features and functions to make solutions compatible with the varying market environment. It enhances software platforms, work patterns, hardware upgrades, compilers and all other aspects that affect system workflow. Boost your business using a technically updated solution applying software maintenance services regularly.
3. Removal of Outdated Functions The unwanted functionalities are useless. Moreover, by occupying space in solution, they hurt efficiency of the solution. Using software maintenance procedures, such UI and coding elements are removed and replaced with new development using the latest tools and technologies. This elimination makes the system adaptive to cope with changing circumstances.
4. Performance Improvement To improve system performance, developers detect issues through testing and resolve them. Data and coding restricting as well as reengineering are the part of software maintenance. It prevents the solution from vulnerabilities. This is not any functionality that performs in operations, but it develops to stop harmful activities like hacking.
Thus, software maintenance services keep the solution hale and hearty. The experienced developers offer reliable and authenticated maintenance management applying modern technologies. Contact us today to know more about our offerings.