Big enterprises are responsible for handling a lot of tasks. They have to follow a strict schedule while managing multiple tasks. At the same time, they want to find ways to reduce time and expenses. Enterprise app development is one of the ways to get there.
Enterprise-level businesses depend heavily on enterprise mobile app. It helps their clients and employees to track their events and projects. However, enterprise mobile apps differ from the usual apps we see regularly.
What Is Enterprise App Development?
Enterprise app development is fast evolving to become more collaborative and agile, wherein IT is used to build mobile apps with internal teams of business and external agencies of the company. The aim is to understand and incorporate the needs of end-users in a better way. Cloud technologies are very important in this regard.
Traditionally, businesses would develop software with the help of large in-house resources, employing cumbersome and rigid processes. This was mainly due to technological limitations. Moreover, these applications were difficult to develop and expensive too.
76% of IT experts say that at least three months to build an app. IT set up, infrastructure, security, uptime, scalability, etc. this adds to the burden.
Besides, organizations face a shortage of developers. In a survey 75% of organizations have reported a shortage of mobile app developers, whereas only 36% could fill in the gap in one year.
Precisely, the traditional ways to build applications required expensive talent, a lot of time, infrastructure, and tools. With the fast emergence of an increasingly connected world, this approach is no longer feasible. Hence, enterprise mobile app development is the fastest route.
Advantages of Enterprise Mobile App Development
The primary reason to integrate with enterprise app development is to grow revenue through automation and for higher productivity. Mobile apps have certain peculiarities such as portability, high-level security, and compatibility with other devices and apps.
So, how does your company benefit from enterprise app development? Here’s how:
- Ease of Accounting: Mobile apps make it easier to manage and control transactions, payment deadlines, and more. Mobile app developers can build different features based on your goals.
- Improved Data Management: Data management and processing are time-consuming. Steps include information analysis, corrections, and verifications that take time. With an app, bookkeeping becomes easier.
- Better Focus: Enterprise apps allow your company to focus on their primary tasks and goals. It reduces documentation and eliminates the risk of human errors due to automated marketing campaigns, transaction control, and data processing.
- Mobile Accounting: Enterprise mobile app development allows businesses to view the employee-generated data using their smartphone. Using a smartphone, you can even check the staff’s reports and edit it.
- Supply Chain Management: Supply chain companies use mobile apps for different purposes like accurate planning, transportation management, and courier network management. It simplifies the process and improves efficiency.
The global IT spend on enterprise software amounted to a whooping 456 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. Are you following suit? Click To Tweet
Tips to Enhance Enterprise App Development
1. Consider User Experience: Fundamentally, mobile devices are different from laptops and computers. As such, do not try to port an already existing desktop app over to the mobile.
Mobile devices are different; there are different screen sizes and form factors. Moreover, they have lesser processing resources and different input techniques. If you try to copy the existing interface, it would be difficult to manage.
2. Privacy and Security Concerns: Hackers have innovative techniques to leak data and exploit other app functions. As several business owners have access to enterprise apps, you should ensure heavy encryption. Enterprise owners may even store confidential information and data in bulk.
As such, you have to ensure that the enterprise app can successfully deal with different types of risks and complete hacking protection. You should avail enterprise mobile app development services from a reputed company to get a fully functional and secure enterprise app.
Want to know how we can build a robust enterprise mobile app for your business? Click here.
3. Introduce Cloud Hosting: Cloud technology is the most favorable option to enhance the capability of the enterprise app for data storage. It’s crucial for security assurance. Only if the app is fully secure you can migrate to the cloud to minimize expenses and develop trust.
Without security issues, enterprise app developers can utilize cloud technology to store bulk data and test app features across multiple devices. It means you can put all important data as well as the app for protected access and remaining files for hosting.
4. Smart Feature Integration: Smart features are intuitive and interactive, such as Siri and Cortana. App users love them for digital communication. So, enterprises should aim to develop mobile apps with interesting and engaging features and functions.
5. Use Forms and Sensors: Smartphones use different forms of technology, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. This makes communication across applications easier. Users can easily connect to a fitness app with a step tracker, and their data would reflect in both the apps in use.
Besides, these necessary sensors have enhanced the overall experience. People can click pictures and upload instantly in real-time. Consider adding these kinds of sensors and forms when you are building an app to make sure users have a brilliant experience.
6. Cross Compatibility: Regardless of the device and platform, cross-platform customization is a must for mobile app development. If your employees cannot access the app across multiple devices and/or platforms, then it would become useless for most users.
7. Real-time Experience: People use mobile devices almost every time. The connected status or always-on feature means that good enterprise mobile applications can assist businesses and make them operationally responsive.
When you integrate real-time updates into the business app, users can quickly respond to changing situations based on data from various sources. It could be logistics or inventory management, CRM, or traffic updates from third-party feeds.
Only 43% enterprises employ encryption strategies for mobile enterprise applications – says the 2018 Global Encryption Trends. Think different. Click To Tweet
Over hundreds of enterprises, apps fail to meet the expectations of users because they are ill-planned. Hence, it is important to understand where your business stands and how your app can make it a success. You can partner with a reliable mobile app development company like Radixweb to guide you through the process. The integration of the latest techniques and technologies leads to an expansion of enterprise mobility services. It also paves the futuristic route map for enterprises.
Tweet References –