Are you planning to introduce your mobile app in 2021, but confused over the cross-platform framework that would be right?
Flutter could be the ultimate solution for startups wanting to roll out with feature-rich mobile app development without spending fortunes.
How exactly is that possible?
Let’s understand Flutter in detail and why it is the most preferred choice for cross-platform app development.
With over 1.96 million apps in the iOS app store and 2.87 million apps in Google Play Store, app development is fundamental for all domains and business sizes.
With fast-evolving market trends and increased competition, it is daunting for startups to thrive in this highly competitive marketplace without a mobile app.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is the UI toolkit of Google to build natively compiled apps for the web, desktop, and mobile from one codebase.
An open-source framework for app development, Flutter provides much faster development across different operating systems. It lives up to its tagline that says, “Build beautiful native apps in record time.” It provides an interactive UI, which allows app developers to design the applications as per user requirements.
Moreover, a complete software development kit (SDK) solution has everything necessary for seamless cross-platform app development. Flutter app development allows you to design robust, high performing, and scalable mobile apps for all operating systems using a single codebase. It gives you the best icons, typography, and scrolling too.
Cross-Platform VS Native Applications Development
The world is overwhelmed with the ongoing digital experience and applications, which are now a fundamental part of living. With the increasing popularity of apps and the number of operating systems, there are, however, two significant areas of concern for startups:
- There are around 5.94 million app users worldwide. Would it be possible to launch an application within a limited budget?
- As countless startups are rolling out worldwide, how would it be possible to set a foothold in this dynamic marketplace and make a difference?
The only solution to both these challenges is to develop a cross-platform app and ensure your idea is unique.
For startups, building cross-platform mobile apps is budget-friendly and more comfortable. Though relatively new, Flutter for application development is excellent in many ways like:
- Technical Architecture: The technical architecture within technology is a deciding factor. For Flutter, Skia is the foundation. Skia is everything you require for app development. You would not need any external bridge linking through the native components, as Flutter comprises everything within its framework.
- Configuration: Flutter has a friendly IDE guided setup for both Android and iOS. It has a CLI tool called Flutter Doctor that helps developers set up the environment for development services.
- Development API & UI: Flutter comes with richer libraries and components supporting native elements such as navigation, state management, testing, UI rendering components, and API access.
- Test Support: Flutter has terrific documentation for testing apps and widgets, along with other unique features.
- Build Automation: Flutter makes it easier to release the mobile application across the app store and play store with its development services. You receive a CLI interface that speeds up the procedure of releasing the app efficiently.
- DevOps Support: Once a cross-platform app is released, it is crucial to maintain it. Flutter offers CI/CD support together with CLI interface and documentation support.
Flutter ranks second in the league of most leading languages for developing cross-platform in 2020 with React Native following, according to Google Trends reports.
Some leading enterprises chose Flutter to develop beautiful and unique mobile applications in no time – Google, Groupon, Tencent, Alibaba, eBay, EMAAR, The New York Times, and many more.
Flutter App Development: Key Features
What are the unique features of Flutter app development that makes it a perfect choice? It is highly scalable, robust, and cost-effective. It’s all that a startup needs.
Mobile app development can be expensive. You have to hire dedicated developers to design and develop the app, followed by support and maintenance. Startups with a limited budget can use Flutter app development as its SDKs provide different ways to reduce costs. It can speed up the development process and reduce production costs with the advantage of developing mind-blowing apps UI and smooth animations.
Due to advanced technology, design, and features, Flutter is the right choice for startups. Developers can work in a chosen direction, making it much easier for them to build high-performing applications.
Look at some of the best features that make Flutter the preferred language:
- Hot Reload for Faster App Development: Flutter features Hot Reload, making it stand out in the crowd. This unique feature lets developer experiment, design UI, add unique features and debug the app in real-time. Hot reload reflects all the changes instantly in the coding so that you don’t have to save to view the changes. It also reflects updates in the app’s current state and allows developers to continue executing the code to complete the project.
- Open-Source: Flutter is a relatively new open-source language. Regardless of the complexities of a project, developers can turn the app into a workable solution by leveraging a vast choice of material design such as rich motion APIs, natural and smooth scrolling behavior, Cupertino widgets, etc. and more. Developers are also free to explore a myriad of design options.
- Flutter Widgets: A mobile app’s performance is the most significant concern of an organization before investing. Flutter has some great widgets to ensure the native performance of an app. Its broad catalog of widgets includes scrolling, icons, fonts, navigation, and hassle-free development.
- Advanced API backs Flutter’s framework. As a result, you can leverage much faster, smoother, and cleaner animations.
- Embedding Flutter into an existing app is easier. You can integrate a new UI into an old app.
- Flutter allows developers to relish the firebase support of Google as the backend. As a result, apps become scalable and server-less.
- Flutter, by Google, is also equipped with Native ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) code, which helps in building apps for startup ventures and tech businesses.
- Startups can be more relaxed when it comes to the budget of mobile application development with Flutter.
- Its open-source technology is an important feature that makes it cost-effective.
- It is easy to integrate Flutter with an existing application.
- Flutter takes away your worries of developing a mobile app – from development to final deployment.
- Flutter supports the recent reactive framework.
- Flutter libraries are a great source for developers. It enables them to localize an app as per the geographical location and adhere to the language, layout, and text.
- Flutter offers a wide range of rich and ready-to-use widgets for businesses.
- It is easy to maintain an app developed with Flutter owing to its feature, the hot reload. It minimizes risks.
- It’s fast, robust, and much easier to learn.
- Flutter is giving tough competition to native applications owing to its smooth programming and interface.
- Flutter’s productivity is the best, with reduced costs, making it the right choice for startup app development.
- Flutter’s framework supports IDEs like Android Code, Xcode, and Visual Studio Code.
- Flutter has a well-organized and portable GPU executing UI, which allows its smooth performance across multiple interfaces.
- Flutter apps take less time to test as it has a single codebase to review. Moreover, it maintains a single codebase for multiple platforms, iOS, and Android, which ensures fewer chances of bugs.
Our Flutter experts are always looking forward to dispelling doubts and address unique concerns. Any questions?
Other noteworthy Flutter features include:
Did you know, Flutter is among the top ten most popular frameworks of 2020 and holds second place among cross-platform frameworks Click To Tweet
Why Is Flutter The Best Choice for Startup App Development?
If you are still unsure about startups choosing Flutter mobile application development, here are some strong reasons:
With several millions of startups mushrooming every year, it is challenging to stand apart as a brand in this cutthroat competitive market. If you want to launch an app without burning a hole in your pocket, consider consulting Flutter application development services for a cross-platform framework. Radixweb has realized Flutter’s potential early on and has highly recommended it to all of its startup customers looking to establish themselves in the market quickly. It is definitely worth the choice considering its extensive features.