We live in a continuously evolving world, and the same holds for the IT sector, which is witnessing tremendous growth for quite a few years now. With this progression comes the immense requirement for custom software development. Today, ASP.NET is arguably the most prominent framework used for web-based custom software development.
Companies today are looking to hire the best development minds out there. However, the process of searching for and hiring ASP.NET developers may not be as easy as it seems. Often enterprises have a tough time working on their development team and hiring efficient, skilled, and affordable developers.
But these hassles in hiring does not hamper the increasing development demand. The times are such that .NET developers are highly sought after by various billion-dollar brands and businesses. Now the reason for this rush is simple. Today almost all businesses are looking to create an online presence. Due to the increase in online development of business websites and mobile apps, it has become crucial to hire efficient, reliable, yet affordable ASP.NET developers.
Multiple factors exist that determine the cost of hiring ASP.NET developers. Firstly, it varies from candidate to candidate, which is quite apparent. It also depends on the application complexity or the processes used, which provides a proper storage criterion of a system for enhanced back-end work and more precise insight. This way, the cost of hiring an ASP.NET developer starts from an average of $25 hourly, and it can go till $100, as per the candidates, specifications, attributes, and app complexity.
But merely bringing a dedicated developer on-board and expecting your work getting done is not enough. You must be aware of the options available. You can choose between freelancers, additions to in-house teams (full-time developers), or choose to enlist the services of an outsourced development partner. There are several ways to finding ASP.NET developers; you need to choose one that works for you.
How to Hire ASP.NET developers-
1. Go into the Basics
As you begin hiring, keep in mind that the ASP.NET developer should be well aware of the framework. He should have years of expertise in the .NET application development. This criterion will also help set the rates, according to their knowledge of the entire development process.
2. Consider experience
Looking into the developer’s total years of experience in the ASP.NET technology is again a crucial criterion. It would help if you found how much experience they have in the field before taking the final call. After all, their experience determines their expertise and ability to handle complex situations during the development process. Hence, as a business, you must take a detailed look at the candidate’s portfolio to know their experience and knowledge in desired fields. Another essential trick is to ask the candidate for a code sample, as that again will tell you a lot about their experience.
3. SQL Databases
Data & databases are two crucial components that have a significant influence on development. The more advanced the database technology, the more useful it is for a .NET developer. Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and even MySQL are used in combination with the .NET, while Microsoft SQL is one popular database used by the .NET developer.
4. Communication is the key
It is essential to ensure that the ASP.NET developer you hire has good communication skills. After all, as a developer, s/he would need to frequently communicate with team members and clients to understand their needs and objectives of the proposed ASP.NET application. Furthermore, developers’ communication skills help the business build a positive relationship with the client without any language or cultural barrier.
Few tips for hiring ASP.NET Developers
If you are looking to hire an ASP.NET developer for your business, know that it is not easy. There is a multitude of applications and software that fail to pan out. But when you know what to look for in your ASP.NET developer, then things get relatively smooth. Here a few tips to hiring ASP.NET developers-
- Enlist all the stakeholders: Create a list of potential interview questions from job opening’s direct reports, internal customers, management, and collaborators.
- Prioritize the questions: After a good long list of possible interview questions is created, the team members & other stakeholders can vote on individual items to develop a shorter and more usable list.
- Tailor the questions to match each candidate: For instance, if a candidate proclaims to have excellent knowledge of C#, you can ask this candidate to write a short C# FizzBuzz script. The FizzBuzz issue is a perfect test for any developer job openings. Here the plan is looking through the application for question ideas.
- Look into their attributes: While looking to hire an ASP.NET developer, choose the one with excellent communication skills as that allows them to collaborate effectively. Look for someone who loves to learn and stay updated with the latest technologies, as these attributes ultimately help the developers solve problems. It works best to have self-driven & self-motivated ASP.NET developers who do not need their superiors to micro-manage them through the development process
Benefits of development in ASP.NET
There are countless benefits of building web apps through the ASP.NET framework, and here we have mentioned a few:
- In the .NET framework, separate content & program logic reduce the program inconveniences.
- One of the best attributes of the .NET framework is that it comes with its own built-in caching features.
- Well monitored and highly managed ASP.NET apps are efficient in handling complex requests
- Your app gets high-level performance with ASP.NET features, such as JIT compilation, early binding, native optimization supports, and caching services.
- The .NET framework gives quick alerts for the unbounded loops, memory leaks, & other wrong behaviors that kill them immediately and restart them all over again.
- The windows web server meticulously monitors web pages, multiple applications, and components that run over it.
- NET is easily deployable with built-in configuration information.
- The ASP.NET framework is language-independent, and this means that you can pick any programming language that best suits your application.
- .NET code is an ideal server-side scripting technology, and it runs first on the Windows server before being displayed on a web browser.
- You can generate dynamic web pages quite smoothly with ASP.NET & HTML.
- Developing large applications required long lines of coding, which .NET reduces
- It keeps your ASP.NET applications secure with built-in Windows authentication & per-application configuration.
As you start looking for quality ASP.NET development services, you want to find and hire the best developers who also fit your team. So ask the right questions and use the best practices for hiring. This way, you can successfully employ a developer who has the right skills and mindset to fit into your existing team. Another unavoidable reality is that developers who have worked in a subfield of .NET development will request a higher salary than a .NET developer who has just an essential range of abilities.
If you hope to recruit a typical .NET designer for around the public normal of $67,314 every year, you’ll presumably discover one. Yet, on the off chance that you need an ASP.NET C# master, you should anticipate that person’s compensation to be nearer to $95K.
Regardless of whether you’re on the chase for a group of experienced coders, or getting by with less seasoned developers who are in the beginning phase their careers; we trust this information gives you a viewpoint on normal pay rates for .NET developers, so that you can enlist you enlist the best talent for your enterprise software initiative.
Radixweb’s core strength lies in analysing complex business needs and bridging the tech-related gap with extensive domain expertise. We just don’t build for you; we build with you. Let’s connect!