As the IT industry grows by leaps and bounds with every passing year, it presents an opportunity for organizations to operate from any location in the world with a revolutionary concept called Enterprise Mobility. Now smartphones and tablets have been offered to improve everything right from employee productivity to how your employees interact with your client and gain the hype in the competitive market.
As MNCs proliferate and expand worldwide, they try to implement modern mobility strategies using existing IT business structures. Leveraging enterprise mobility service saves time, money, and resources and provides a profitable return on investment. The trend line is crystal clear that laptops and desktop laptops have been replaced with Compaq tablet and smartphone solutions. Are you keen to know what’s new with Enterprise Mobility? Its full potential is still far away from being realized.
“A forecast arranged by Markets and Markets stated that the market value of Enterprise mobility market would grow by USD 73.30 Billion at the CAGR of 15.87% by the year 2021.”
What is Enterprise Mobility?
When the employees in an organization have the autonomy to work from any location using specific applications and software is termed Enterprise Mobility. Not just work, but it also helps store the entire data, information sharing, important announcements, and connecting different departments in an organization.
Now let us move on to why enterprise mobility is important and the benefits of implementing it in your business.
Benefits of enterprise mobility
1. Data storage: Enterprise Mobility enables enterprises to store data collection accessible to everyone in the organization. It also helps the employees keep a track record of all the work data; enterprises to keep their employees’ records.
2. Enhanced productivity: Mobility facilitates the employees to work from anywhere and saves their time using redundant tasks. Therefore, it results in a rise in their productivity.
3. Enhanced user experience: The applications and software enables enterprises to reach their customers, recognize their demands, and addressing their feedback. It allows enterprises to provide a better user experience to their customers.
4. Reduced cost: As it interprets, implementing mobility in enterprise enables the employees to work from home, which automatically saves office costs. Custom enterprise mobile app lets them work in their mobile environment, anytime, anywhere.
5. Improvised security: Along with enterprise mobility comes EMM (Enterprise mobility management), IAM (Identity and access management), MDM (Mobile device management), and MAM (mobile application management) to provide additional security to your data and information. All of these collectively offer a secure way of exchanging data that avoids any data breach.
6. Better collaboration: Despite the different locations, enterprise mobility helps the team members to collaborate using EMM’s apps via mobile phones. It facilitates all the employees to connect anytime consistently.
7. Transparent and efficient communication: Sharing every data simultaneously with everyone in your department makes the communication flow transparent and effective.
How to Develop a Successful Enterprise Mobility Strategy?
A digital transformation of an enterprise digitally is called a successful enterprise mobility strategy. It is the most imperative component of implementing mobility in your enterprise. Your mobility strategy decides the success of your enterprise’s digital transformation. With each passing day, customers demands change, and an organization has to work on it collectively. Also, at times the employees can’t be present 365 days at work. Therefore, enterprise mobility makes it easier for them to manage their work operations. It also makes it easier for enterprises to foster. Here are a few excellent strategies to develop successful enterprise mobility.
1. Pick the appropriate platform
2. Understand the customer’s needs
3. A robust delivery structure
4. Be clear with the organizational goals
5. Outline the budget
6. Scalability and accessibility
7. Secure API’s for magnified user experience
8. Improved reports and back-end servers
9. Draft a security strategy and policies
10. Match the competing analysis
Getting everything done on your mobile phone is great but implementing mobility without a robust framework might make you stand behind in the race. There will be a lot of challenges and there will be several group operations; the right strategy will get you there.
Striking Buzz in Enterprise Mobility
Enterprise mobility security
These days organizations allowed their employees to connect on-the-go with their mobile devices. Because of this security, becomes a vital concern. Whether the company or a BYOD model issues the device, business infrastructure needs a mobility strategy process that ensures access data for employees’ mobile.
Mobile devices emerged fundamentally for developers nowadays, and malware is also being developed by keeping this in mind with the major platforms. Malware is varied for every OS. E.g., the malware designed for android handsets wouldn’t apply to the device with the iOS operating system. Hence, one of the surfaces of the fabulous tools. It is likely to empower the mobile workforce to keep an eye on and communicate personally. Finally, IT teams will find it convenient to track the applications and the data combined as part of enhanced security policies.
Cloud-based Enterprise Mobility
For sustainable adoption of Enterprise Mobility and multi-platform enterprise management without compromising security, modules must move to the cloud. Mobile works as a front-end device, while cloud services work as a back-end operation. So the Clouds come into the picture as it can store data and function as a back-end with mobile devices fulfilling the front-end requirements. Integrating systems and mobile devices with the cloud is an increasing trend these days. Mobility allows employees to travel worldwide, and with the cloud services, they receive uninterrupted and secure access to corporate data.
Better User Experience
Designing and developing mobile is booming these days, but the primary aspects still lie whether it is user-friendly or not. The hype is be seen in demand for ease of navigation and usability, and enterprise mobility management system can now be observed with the drastic changes in form factors with demanding intuitive increase. All stages of a user experience should be considered, ranging from logging into the app, accessing data to manipulate it. It should be fast, efficient and allow data access and manipulation from anywhere.
The convergence of Desktop and Mobile
Since the time MS unveiled windows 8 OS, we have seen many apps sharing the standard look and feel both on the web and the native platform. The user interface of Windows 10 is the best example to observe how desktop and mobile converge in a single interface. A capability of touch, fluid overlapping screens, and most importantly, ease of access through the ability grid-like integration will be the main scene of any software and application interface. Soon enterprise-grade will also embrace this trend. The convergence of desktop OS and mobile OS will be the grooving trend for enterprise mobility.
Growth of IoT
With more and more devices, including computers, tablets, smartphones, home appliances, and cars, being connected to the internet, the amount of data stored in the cloud will increase.
34 billion inter-connected devices are expected to be in circulation by 2020 – Business Insider
This tremendous increase in the number of internet-connected devices will result in a generation of voluminous data that will have to be concocted with Enterprise Mobility tools and applications.
As per the scenario, it’s clear that there will be an emerging need for developers to create more analytics tools, CRM programs, and similar applications as well, which have been built to use in mobile formats. It’s not going to be simple, and it will be tasked with discovering new tactics for users to manipulate data effectively.
Although implementing Enterprise Mobility solutions might sound to be easy, but that is not always the case. Enabling real-time access to data in mobile devices is the major problem faced while doing so. There are challenges of enterprise mobility related to technical issues and the security of mobile devices. Research and development are the keys to overcoming most of these obstacles over some time and making the devices increasingly user-friendly.
Future of Enterprise Mobility
Enterprise Mobility is the present as well as future of the IT industry. To compete and survive in the industry, firms have to incorporate this revolutionary concept. Firms will increasingly adopt the BYOD (Bring Your Device) policy worldwide, and the security of the corporate data will get the utmost attention. Which device has to be given access to what data will have to be mapped out, and implementing this would be technically challenging. With enterprise mobility solutions, firms will cut down on operating costs, improve productivity, and stay competitive.
Why Radixweb as your IT Partner for Mobility Management
To achieve success in Enterprise Mobility, one needs a reliable IT partner who knows the constraints well and mastered resolving that complexity to enable mobility management’s fantastic benefits. Radixweb has proven expertise in helping hundreds of startups to Fortune 500 companies. It also helped them leverage the best cloud and enterprise mobility management solutions. Want to talk? Let’s get connected.